This year has felt utterly stagnant in terms of any progress with my health and treatments so I decided to type up all the things is tried or continue to try. I was quite surprised by the results. I may not have had one supplement help my overall condition in a bit way, and I may have had a few make me worse….bur things have definitely not been stagnant!
Treatments tried which I did not continue due to reactions:
– ketogenic diet (may try again)
-ciproxin for fermenting gut.
-uva ursi herb for fermenting gut (may try again)
Treatments tried which didn’t work but will take time to come off:
– clonazepam (addictive sleeping medication)
Supplements I added in and continue to take:
– pancreatic enzymes (digestion)
-home grown kefir (gut health)
– home grown Lactobacillus rhamnosus (gut health)
– D mannose (bladder problems and low level infection)
– ashwagandha (adrenal support – adaptogen)
– elderberry (immune support)
– devil’s claw (pain)
– increased cbd (pain, anxiety, sleep)
– increased melatonin (sleep)
– lemon balm and Valerian, Chamomile and hops (sleep) .
Prescription medications I managed to reduce:
– Buscopan from 6 tablets daily to 0 except occasionally (IBS)
– clonazepam from 1mg to 0.6mg – a work in progress (Sleep)
– stopped cranberry and swapped for d mannose (bladder support)
– tried 4 weeks of online therapy via talkspace. I didn’t really get on with my therapist and found the format didn’t work for me. I’d like to try an email format some time in the future.
– meditation. Mostly mindfulness but found yoga nidra towards the end of the year.
PA stuff :
– switched from 4 PA visits a day to live in. Later added in a second PA visiting each day. Ending the year with a system in place though at the time of writing I have found out I will need to make some changes.
Goodbye 2016, you will not be missed! However perhaps I need to stop thinking of you as being a non year, since I have still done things!